Unfortunately, just like humans, pets can have medical problems that may yield expensive veterinary bills. Fortunately, pet insurance is available to combat those risks.
What is Pet Insurance?
Most pet owners consider their animals to be members of their family so their pet’s health is extremely important to them. By purchasing pet insurance, pet owners are not burdened with veterinary bills and can focus on making sure their pets stay healthy.
Here is what to expect from a typical pet insurance policy:
- Policies allow pet owners to select a coverage percentage or monthly premium that will work best for them.
- Pets must have an annual exam and owners must adhere to the recommendations of their veterinarians to remain covered.
- Coverage is not extended to existing conditions and injuries.
- Policy covers expenses relating to the following:
- Routine preventive care, including vaccinations
- Lab work
- Accidents, injuries and illnesses
- Surgeries, including spay/neuter
- Dental work
Medical costs for your pets can add up quickly. Here are some of the most common veterinary treatments and typical average costs:
- Benign skin mass: $1,000
- Torn ACL or cartilage: $2,600
- Tooth extraction: $900
We’re Here to Help
Don’t take the chance of not being able to afford medical care for your furry family members. Make sure that your pets, property, automobiles and RV’s are insured properly. Review the coverages with a specialist at Access Insurance Group.
Get advice, a quote or make a change anywhere in Alberta or in person at one of our locations in Edmonton, Stony Plain, Red Deer, Lacombe and Lloydminster.