Obtaining coverage specific to your mobile home is essential. A standard homeowner’s insurance policy will not cover your liabilities in the same way a mobile home insurance policy will. If you own a mobile home, it’s important to know how your insurance protects you.
Mobile Home Policies cover the following:
- Protection for improvements
- Loss of use of your mobile home
- Coverage for your actual mobile home and any adjacent structures that are on your premises:
- Covered from all forms of loss including fire, windstorm damage, damage from falling objects, lightning and explosions.
- Personal property protection:
- Covers losses for removable property such as electronic equipment, bicycles, furniture and clothing.
- Personal liability protection:
- Covers losses in the event that someone or something is injured on your property. Policy pays for medical expenses for non-residents of your home and damages or defence costs as a result of covered accidental incidents.
For mobile home insurance, there are endorsements you can add to the policy to cater to your specific needs. Consider purchasing these endorsements for added protection:
- Emergency removal
- Covers the cost of moving your mobile home if an oncoming disaster (e.g., fire, tornado) threatens your home and safety.
- Trip collision
- Protection for use when moving your mobile home to another permanent location.
- Worldwide coverage
- Protection for your personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged when travelling to another permanent location.
- Fire department charges:
- Provides reimbursement for charges incurred if your mobile home is located in an area that is not serviced by a fire department.
- Extended coverage:
- Used for valuables, such as jewellery, furs and heirlooms. Extended coverage for electronics.
- Water backup:
- Protects against damage resulting from water backups through your sewer, drains or sump pumps.
- Additional dwelling rented to others
- Identity theft insurance
For more information, call Access Insurance Group Ltd today at 780-435-2400 about our mobile home insurance options for your protection. We’ve got your back!